ABOUT THE SKIN BUTIK
Founder / Lead Esthetician
Sara Lowe brings more than 18 years of professional skincare and beauty experience to Skin Butik.While beautiful, flawless skin is her calling card today, Sara overcame many of the skincare challenges her clients face today. Early treatment for the typical teenage skincare rites of passage awakened a curiosity that changed the course of her life. She grew fascinated by skincare; devouring books and mentoring with estheticians to learn how diet, make-up, sleep and sun exposure play as much of a role in skin health as heredity. She became a pioneering student in what is now one of the top European Skincare academies in the US
Sara began her professional career working for Don Wortham, MD, FACS, a celebrated, triple board certified cosmetic and plastic surgeon. Here, she learned about pre-and post-op skin treatment, and outpatient procedures like Botox. Sara moved on to some of the top spas and salons in Seattle, including an Aveda salon that catered to distinguished celebrities and tourists.
Sara opened Skin Butik in 2000 to focus exclusively on the world’s finest, non-invasive skincare treatments. Skin Butik honors Sara’s Swedish heritage. The unique Personal Spa approach ensures that clients receive the utmost personal attention while fully relaxing in a safe place, free of inhibition and scrutiny. Skin Butik’s décor reflects Sara’s penchant for clean lines, cool colors and fine European fashion and design.
Licensed Esthetician / Sugaring Specialist
Growing up in Buckley, a small town of less than 5000 just south of Enumclaw, Cassidy was attracted to skincare at an early age. Before she was even a teenager, Cassidy invited friends over for facials; her homemade masks included avocado, pumpkin, honey or whatever kitchen treasures she could get her hands on. She may not have known about all the nutrients and vitamins in her avocado facials, but she could easily see how fabulous they made her friends’ skin look and feel.After school, Cassidy studied skincare at the Aveda Institute in Seattle and steadily earned her 750 hours of training and practice. She spent the next two years working as an esthetician at a posh salon in Capitol Hill before joining the Skin Butik team in West Seattle.
In addition to mastering the Skin Butik’s signature YonKa facial, Cassidy will provide sugaring services: the gentle, sanitary, all-natural, burn-free hair removal process.
The World of Yon-Ka
When you step into the Skin Butik, you step into the world of Yon-Ka: the pioneering skincare brand born in France in 1954.
- “Yon” is the river of living, purifying water, and sounds similar to “ion”, particle of energy.
- “Ka” is the eternal part of every being according to Egyptian mythology.
- Yon and Ka unites what seems contradictory: knowledge and mystery, science and nature, movement and rest, shadows and light.
- Together they form a symbol of constant regeneration and newfound harmony.
“Quintessence” is a unique combination of 5 essential oils from the Mediterranean that are the cornerstone of the Yon-Ka skincare line.
This exclusive and treasured formula combines 5 essential oils with extraordinary synergetic properties. Yon-Ka Quintessence is the DNA of the brand:
- Fine lavender from Haute Provence (lavandula angustifolia) with calming, healing and anti-inflammatory properties
- Rosemary from Morocco (rosmarinus officinalis) with antiseptic, regenerating and toning properties
- Geranium from Egypt (pélargonium graveolens) with anti-inflammatory, analgesic and healing properties
- Thyme from Spain (thymus officinalis), excellent stimulant with powerful antiseptic properties
- Cypress from Provence (cupressus sempervirens) decongestant and powerful nervous system regulator
Used in various concentrations in 70% of our ranges, always pre-measured to ensure absolute safety and optimum results, Quintessence increases the effectiveness of the ingredients it is combined with and provides an olfactory experience that can be relaxing or energizing depending on what is needed.